Wednesday, December 9, 2009

09-00498877


Well I sent the below note to the city (311) about the lack of east-west cleared cycling routes in the north end of the city... the photo doesn't do it full justice it was up to the bb a few times... most of the hike it stayed on the drift and I broke through

I called 311 yesterday to request the path be cleared from the parking lot at Edgemont BlVD to 14th Street and it appears the parking lot itself was cleared at Eddgemont Blvd. Large chunks of the pathway are useless the drifts are more than knee deep I know as I tried to ride it tonight going from the 14th street side up the hill ending at Edgemont Blvd parking lot ... it was nearly impossible to walk the path without snowshoes and pushing a bike was quite a challenge. There are virtually no safe winter bike routes east to west in the north end. The options are going over the top of Nose Hill or through the Edgemont Ravine Path with is not cleared either. I live in Citadel and ride to the Deerfoot/64th Ave NE "industrial area". The 64th Ave overpass is very dangerous as well.

1 comment:

  1. Did you post this request to 311 online? Which category did you post it in, Parks and Rec? I want to be consistent when I register a request
    Scott

    ReplyDelete